National Voter Registration Day
About National Voter Registration Day
When Will It Be?
- September 27, 2016 in partnership with National Voter Registration Day
What It Means
- Volunteers at transportation hubs, retail stores, sporting events, and concerts.
- Technology to help eligible voters ﬁnd registration drives nearby and register to vote online.
- A network of grassroots, local organizations engaged in their own communities.
- Tens of thousands of voters registering to vote online and ofﬂine in a single day.
What It Will Accomplish
- Register Voters: A network of a thousand organizations operating on the ground and through social media will register tens of thousands of voters in the ﬁeld and tens of thousands more online while also receiving pledges to vote from those already registered.
- Mobilize Volunteers: By partnering with nonproﬁts not usually engaged in voter registration drives, and amplifying existing drives through event-based recruitment and cultural outreach, National Voter Registration Day will bring together thousands of volunteers across the nation to register voters.
- Educate Eligible Voters: Millions of voters need to register and re-register every year. By utilizing new technology and leveraging partners, we’ll educate more Americans than ever before, bringing new voters into the fold.
- Change the Conversation: National Voter Registration Day will be an opportunity to put our differences aside and celebrate the rights that unite us as Americans; democracy.
National Voter Registration Day has been made possible in part by a working group of organizations providing coordination and support. These organizations include, Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance Education Fund, Bipartisan Policy Center, Bus Federation Civic Fund, Fair Elections Legal Network, League of Women Voters, National Association of Secretaries of State, Nonprofit VOTE, Rock the Vote, and Voto Latino.
GENERAL PUBLIC TOOLKIT
Make National Voter Registration Day one of your favorite national holidays! This page features resources to spread the word about National Voter Registration Day through social media and email. Hundreds of events are also being planned across the nation for National Voter Registration Day 2016. Have questions about National Voter Registration Day? Learn more here about this national holiday celebrating democracy in America.
Download the image below and spread the word about National Voter Registration Day by making it your profile pic on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Tumblr and any other social media network. Be sure to also update your status with the suggested text to help get your family and friends registered to vote on or before the big day!
Download the image and save to your desktop
- Go to your timeline and mouse over your profile picture
- Click on the option to edit picture
- Upload the image you saved onto your desktop!
- Change your Facebook status to: “National Voter Registration Day is September 27, 2016. Celebrate democracy in America by registering to vote! Find an event near you at www.NationalVoterRegistrationDay.org #CelebrateNVRD”
Our goal is to make #VoterRegistrationDay trend nationally so that every American is aware of this national holiday. But for that to happen, we need your help! Spread the word by tweeting at your favorite celebrities, personalities, political leaders or organizations to let them know about National Voter Registration Day and that we need their support!